Organicgardening-101.com is a family-run business. As such, we treat our visitors as we would visitors to our home, with the same hospitality and respect. We are deeply committed to protecting your privacy and the security of the information you share with us. This document outlines our privacy policies.
GENERAL BROWSING INFORMATION
If you visit our site to read or download information, we may collect and store the following general information in order to analyze trends, gather broad demographic information, and monitor site traffic patterns that can help us further develop and improve the design and functionality of our site: Your computer’s IP address, browser type, and operating system; the date and time you access our site; the Internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to our site; and the various pages you visit while on our site.
While this is common internet practice, it may be disconcerting to some. Please be assured that this information will only be used for our internal analysis, and will not be sold or provided to any party outside of our web-based business, organicgardening-101.com.
OrganicGardening-101.com collects Personally Identifiable Information from the visitors to our website, but only if you voluntarily submit such information to us on this website and/or through e-mail. Personally Identifiable Information collected may include: name, postal address, email address, company name (if applicable), telephone and/or cell phone numbers, wireless service provider, and any other information that you voluntarily provide to us.
This information is collected during the following transactions:
- You contact us with comments and questions, or you request information from us
- You participate in our forums, surveys or seed/recipe exchanges
- You join our email list or subscribe to our newsletter
- You make purchases from our shop
- You sign up for any of the services we offer
Once information is reviewed, it is discarded or stored in our files. Personal information received from any visitor will be used only for organicgardening-101.com business purposes and will not be sold or provided to third parties.
We will not use your email address to send you unsolicited e-mail. If you are receiving e-mail from us, it is because at some point you, or someone with access to your e-mail account, requested it. If you receive an e-mail message from us in response to an inquiry you made, we will use your e-mail address for no purpose other than to respond to your inquiry.
You can always opt out of any e-mail we send you simply by following the instructions that appear at the bottom of the e-mail message in question.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored in your browser on your computer for record keeping purposes. Cookies are identifiers that are transferred to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser. Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate our website. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time.
The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific web page. For example, when you return to our site a cookie enables organicgardening-101.com to recall your specific information from previous visits and will be used for any subsequent visits. This will make your internet experience simpler and more convenient.
- To customize or personalize your experiences on our site
- To customize Webpage content based on your browser type (Netscape or Microsoft Explorer, for example).
- To collect information about your online activity: what pages you visit, past activity at a site, and to summarize overall usage patterns for our analysis
- To indicate your subscription status (to check whether or not you are signed in as a subscriber)
- To remember your user or member ID When you sign in to your account. We also may record your password in this cookie file, if you have indicated that you would like your password saved for automatic sign-in. For security purposes, we will encrypt any usernames, passwords, and other user or member account-related data that we store in such cookies
- To control ad delivery and customize ads based on the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct. Cookies are also used to ensure that you are not repeatedly sent the same advertisements
- To record items added to your shopping cart, and purchases you have made with us
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. If you want to disable cookies, there is a simple procedure in most Internet browsers that allows you to turn off cookies. Please remember, however, that cookies may be required to allow you to use certain features of our site. (Click “Help” in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.)
A web beacon is an invisible graphic on a web page that is programmed to collect non-personally identifiable information about your use of a given site. They are also referred to as web bugs and may be used in association with cookies. Web beacons, like cookies, allow organicgardening-101.com to summarize overall usage patterns for our analysis and provide personalized services. We do not share or provide personally identifiable information we may collect, such as names, e-mail addresses and phone numbers with our advertisers without your express permission.
RELEASE OF INFORMATION
If organicgardening-101.com is sold, the information we have obtained from you through your voluntary participation in our site may transfer to the new owner as a part of the sale in order that the service being provided to you may continue. In that event, you will receive notice through our website of that change in control and practices, and we will make reasonable efforts to ensure that the purchaser honors any opt-out requests you might make of us.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION FOR LEGAL PURPOSES
We may need to disclose certain information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, or search warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request or where we believe disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person. Organicgardening-101.com is located in the United States of America (“U.S.”) and will process and store your information in the U.S., and that as a result, U.S. governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through the laws of the U.S.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Organicgardening-101.com may contain links to other sites with information gathering practices different from our own. Visitors should consult privacy policies for all other sites. We have no control over information submitted to or collected by other parties.
PUBLICALLY SHARING YOUR COMMENTS
We may receive information from website visitors who have participated in our forums and/or used our resources. We may want to publicly share specific comments and stories we receive by posting this information on our website. We will not, however, publicly share ANY information we receive on our website without first receiving the consent of the individual who submitted the information. Furthermore, we will not post information in any way that specifically identifies the sender of that information unless the sender approves it.
Please remember that any information that is disclosed in public forums becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. Responsibility for what is posted in the discussion groups or other public forums lies with each user – you alone are responsible for the content of your messages and the consequences of any such messages.
We cannot and do not review every submission a user may make. We neither endorse nor guarantee the accuracy or propriety of any submission. We do, however, reserve the right – but do not assume the obligation – to restrict or prohibit your use of our sites if we believe you are violating any of the terms of this agreement and to remove, edit, or relocate any submission as we see fit whether for legal or other reasons.
CONDUCT OF WEBSITE USERS
You understand that all information, data, text, messages or other materials whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated. This means that you, and not organicgardening-101.com, are entirely responsible for all content that you post, or otherwise transmit. You understand that by using our website, you may be exposed to content from others that may be offensive or objectionable.
You agree to not use the organicgardening-101.com website in order to:
- Upload, post, or otherwise transmit any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable
- Harm minors in any way
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a forum leader, guide or host, or falsely misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the website
- Develop restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to from another accessible page);
- Upload, post, or otherwise transmit any content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships
- Upload, post, or otherwise transmit any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party
- Upload, post, or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas of the website that are designated for such purpose
- Upload, post, or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Interfere with or disrupt the servers or networks connected to the organicgardening-101.com website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the site
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law
- Harass others
- Collect or store personal data about other users
- Promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities, promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promote any act of cruelty to animals
- Use the website for promotion of any charitable or non-profit organization without the express permission of organicgardening-101.com.
- Use the website as storage for remote loading or as a door or signpost to another website
- Engage in commercial activities, including but not limited to the following: offering for sale any products or services; soliciting for advertisers or sponsors; conducting raffles or contests that require any type of entry fee; displaying a sponsorship banner of any kind.
OWNERSHIP OF POSTED MATERIAL
You acknowledge that we acquire all Rights to use any posted materials as described above so that we do not violate any Rights you may have in materials you post. By submitting content to or through our sites, you grant us the non-exclusive right to reproduce, modify, and distribute it as we see fit in any medium and for any purpose in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. You also permit any other user to access, display, and print such content for personal use. You vouch that any material you submit does not violate, plagiarize, or infringe upon the right of any third party, including copyright, trademark, or proprietary rights. If non-original content is included in your posting, you must obtain permission from the content owner and attribute it.
We have attempted to provide original content in all of our web pages. However we do use text, images, and data that has been researched and verified from authoritative sources. The originality of some sources – particularly internet sources – are unfortunately, impossible to determine. Organicgardening-101.com respects the rights of all copyright holders. If you believe that your work has been copied and used on our site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information, as required by Section 512 of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyright work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single on-line site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
CHILDRENS ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT
This website is directed to adults; it is not directed to children under the age of 13. We operate our site in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, and will not knowingly collect or use personal information from anyone under 13 years of age. Children should always get permission from their parents before sending any information about themselves (such as, their names, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers) over the Internet to us or to anyone else. We encourage you to become involved in your children’s on-line experience and to share your interest in our sites with your young ones.
CORRECTING OR REMOVING INFORMATION
AGREEMENT TO TERMS